Thursday, January 23, 2014

30 Painting Project

I have been challenged by my mentor & friend Mati Rose to get 30 paintings done by Valentines Day! Eeeeeeeek! She is going to try & paint 30 elephants & I am going to paint 30 (can you guess?) yes bunnies of course ;) Although I've already strayed & may pop in another animal now & again. I'm not sure I can paint 30 but I'm going to give it my best shot. I also thought I would use it as a way to try different techniques too, which I will share throughout the project.

So here we go then starting with painting number 1 & 2!

Painting One

This was where I got to try out my new Gelli Plate for the first time! I was playing with it, with my daughter & then grabbed some paper for myself & got printing. So much fun!

Tip: If you are a Mum & struggling to get in any creative time, break out the paints with your little ones, you'll be surprised at what you can get done & they love it too. I like to do my backgrounds as I don't really need to concentrate on them, I just have fun.

 Adding more texture & colour to the background

Adding white to the background as I wanted to create a little home/cave for my bear.

The finished painting

Painting Two

Gelli printing, stamping & papers on the background

Drawing my bunny

Adding texture & detail with more stamps & pretty papers

Et voilà!

Painting 3 will be revealed soon!

Love & light
Em x

No comments: