Saturday, March 27, 2010

A trip to Spain

Hello all. Firstly an apology as I know I said I would be back on Monday and what day is it today? Saturday!! I have a good excuse though- honest! Whilst I was away I got a phone call from a studio I used to work for asking if I would do some in house work for them (starting the week I got back) so I've been juggling that and my business all week and I've just not been able to get to my blog :( That's why I'm blogging today- not something I normally do at the weekends but I was desperate to get back to it and let you know what I've been up to.

Phil and I decided to go Spain! A rather spur of the moment holiday but it did wonders as we both needed a rest and some sunshine. Apparently we were VERY lucky with the weather because leading up to our week there, Spain had been having record levels of rain! We had sunny warm weather nearly everyday and I had forgotten what it was like to be outside in T-Shirt- bliss!

Here are some photos I took....

The view from our apartment


Marbella Old Town






Mijas


Rhonda






Hope you like them! I loved wondering up and down all the little winding streets which were bursting with colour.

Next week I should be back to blogging more often but bear with me as I'm working away from home again for three days.

Oh yes and news on my next Giveaway! I've decided to have my next one when I get to 40 followers (need four more lovely people) so as soon as that happens I'll post it up :)

Oh and I also need to say a BIG thank you to the lovely Alison from Municipal Cupcake who wrote to me a short while ago asking if she could review my products. You can read what she wrote here and here. Thanks so much Alison!

Have a good weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Municipal Cupcake said...

Wonderful photographs - lovely to feel the sun streaming out of them. Glad you had a good time. Thanks for the mention. Anything similar I can do in the future, let me know. x

Charlotte said...

Looks lovely Emma. Can I ask where you stayed (assuming it was nice?) I love the view from the appartment. I have never been to Spain and don't know where to start...
Charlotte
x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Gorgeous pictures, cirtainly does look a loveley place. I'm glad you had a fab break with some sun. I'm quite envious.

Love Dee xxx

Anonymous said...

your photographs are gorgeous! what a lovely place it is. i visited that part of spain around 30 years ago and am happy to see it has not changed much and is still beautiful. sounds like you have been working very hard lately, hope you find time to put your feet up today.

hugs xxx

sumea

Anonymous said...

i have just ordered the card, thank you so much! i am so happy... twinkle is going to love it :o) bunnies are her favourites, particularly white ones. she also keeps reminding me she was born in the chinese year of the rabbit.

how are your sweet bunny friends?

hugs to you xxx

sumea

Lucy Boden Illustration said...

This makes me want to go on holiday really badly!! Stunning photos.

Lucy xxx

PS. Your work is beautiful! You've inspired me to start blogging more often!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello little brown rabbit!

I just found you via Sumea's blog! You are an illustrator, and mom to some bunnies? Excellent! I am illustrating after about 40 years of not drawing and I love bunnies, so I just had to leave a comment. Please come by sometime, especially or this recent post, where you will see some of my artwork.

Love your pictures of Spain! Anita

jacqueline said...

WOW sweet emma, these are gorgeous photos and spain is soo beautiful! How very exciting to know that Phil and you have just picked your wedding venue!! Happy finding that perfect dress! It will be really FUN! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!