Monday, September 7, 2009

Being "A Maker"

I just this second read a post courtesy of a Nut & Bee (whose work I also adore) about what it means to be a maker from Sarah the lady behind  The Small Object. It is written so brilliantly and sums up so well how it feels to me every time I sell one of my designs I thought I would share it with you today.

“When you buy handmade directly from an individual, you are investing in me. And not just in me, but in my products, in my ideas and in my own well-being. When you buy something from me, you just gave me a double high five. We just connected and shook hands like mad.” 


P.S You've still got time to enter my Giveaway :) 

3 comments:

Anna said...

I totally agree with that statement and feel exactly the same Em, so much thought,time,effort and love goes into each piece I create and know you feel the same. Having someone else invest in that and believe in you means so much and knowing they will enjoy that as much as I enjoy creating is a great feeling.The smile on someones face when they open it says it all.x

Cookie Cutter said...

I love the quote! It couldn't have been better expressed! Thanks for sharing!

jacqueline said...

Emma, i too feel exactly the same and totally agree with that statement! I love the effort, each and every thoughtfulness, love that goes on in each piece! It's really good to be in a community such as this...fill with love and support! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!