Saturday, January 2, 2010

Our holiday! (part two)

Happy New Year Everyone!

Hello! How are you all? I do hope you all had a wonderful holiday break :) I've had such a lovely time visiting friends and family, taking walks, watching films and eating way too many naughty treats! Although it was hard I banished myself from my studio so I could have a proper rest and boy did I need it! But my poor blog has been neglected in the process :( I didn't even have time to wish you all Seasons Greetings so I apologise, suddenly it was Christmas eve and I hadn't even wrapped up any presents!

Thank you so, so much for all your lovely congratulations messages from the previous post- I enjoyed reading them immensely. Phil and I picked up my engagement ring from the jewellers on Christmas eve. (very romantic) and now I can't stop looking at it! lol!

And I still have photos to show you from our holiday don't I! So here they are as promised starting at the Eden Project- anyone been? I love it there- so inspiring!

The Eden project

Phil looking at a rather huge pant!

WoW!


A rather curious Robin!


The next day we went to explore St.Ives and of course Barbara Hepworth's garden:

The wonderfully tactile sculptures of Barbara Hepworth

Phil proposed on the steps that you can see at the back of the photo on the right!



Me with my wooly hat!

It was such a lovely break but it already feels such a long time ago.

I'll be back blogging again soon with a surprise to celebrate my first year of blogging! Bye bye for now :)

6 comments:

jacqueline said...

Dear emma, happy new year and welcome back!! Missed you while your away. Gorgeous photos and i adore that cute little robbin. Wishing you and yours many beautiful moments in 2010! Love to you!

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Welcome back Emma..I also deserted my blog over the holidays...way too much 'stuff' to do. I'm back now and eager to see what 2010 is going to bring. So happy for you and Phil! You are starting the new year off in good form. Have a great week...xox
your friend,
Janet

Alexandra said...

Love the photos. Happy new year to you x

Charlotte said...

Hi Emma,

Lovely to read blog...

Am just catching up myself after far too long away.

Posted pics of Humph in the snow yesterday and today. How are your guys liking it?

xxx

melissa moss said...

Happy New Year, Emma!! And CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! I was the same way when I first got my ring. Couldn't stop looking at it (especially when driving...dangerous!) Yay! So happy for you.

Anna said...

Fab photos Ems, glad you had a lovely time away, can't wait to see you and see that ring :)
xxx