Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Creativity Takes Courage

Notebook from the wonderful Ecojot

I so love this quote, it really does take courage to put your work & soul out there for everyone to see & judge. I take my hat off to everyone who is bravely showing the world their creativity in whatever form that may be.
Lately I've been pushing myself to make work that makes me happy & to try not to worry about what others may think. It's very easy to create commercial work but when I do, I feel like it's always lacking in soul. I've also been realising that I am drawn to very quirky & unusual artwork & that must be telling me something mustn't it? So my goal is to not be afraid to try new things & really let my imagination take over- that way I will feel fulfilled- even if that means risking creating artwork that may not sell.
I did push the boundaries fairly recently & created a very unusual piece that I really did think would never sell & to my surprise it did & quite quickly! Another sign perhaps? 
I will try to continue to be brave & when I'm not feeling it, I will simply repeat to myself "creativity takes courage".

 Snippet of a painting 22 I've been working on

Little mixed media project on the go

Little valentines project on the go

Sketching away. Something I am trying to do a lot more of.

I will be back at the end of the week with my next artist interview! Yay! I am really looking forward to sharing it with you :)

Love & light Emma x

No comments: