Sunday, January 25, 2009

Top Drawer Spring

I've had such a busy week that I've only managed to find time to write a blog post today! I've been manic with work, revising for a web programming exam and on Monday I had a busy but lovely day in London which included a visit to Top Drawer. Top Drawer is a trade fair that happens twice yearly and I LOVE going as I can catch up on the latest trends. It's full of small successful creative businesses which is so encouraging to see and I always leave inspired :)

I thought I would show you a few of my favourite stands:






These designs were created by Sarah Nelson of Goose Chase Design. Sarah lives in Falmouth in England and is inspired by English homes, gardens, past times and traditions. I thought her work was so lovely and charming- I know I will be ordering a few things myself very soon!





These delightful little items are from a small company called Naive who specialize in textile art. Mother and daughter Becks and Susan Jennings have created a textile art collection of jewellery boxes and jewellery pincushions. I thought these were simply gorgeous! It looked as if they were having a very successful show as their stand was really busy.





I loved the handmade bags and purses made by Hope & Benson. Angela Hope and Daniel Benson make unique bags, purses and brooches using the finest British and Irish wools- I wanted to buy them all! :) 




Last (but not least!) were these gorgeous cards by Atelier which were being sold through Art Angels a Norfolk based publisher of Greetings Cards, Gift Wrap and Gift Stationery. Image two and four were painted by the artist Debbie George who lives in West Yorkshire. Image one and three are by Elaine Pamphilon who lives in Cornwall. I am so drawn to both these artists work- I don't know whether it's the colours, the styles or the perspectives that I love (probably all three put together!) but aren't they just the most delightful, beautiful, paintings! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like you had a good week! Good luck with your web programming exam! Wish i could visit Top Drawer too...i love love love those artists that you featured here especially those delightful little items by Naive. Thanks so much for sharing! And also thank you for your well wishes on my little stomach virus sickness..i'm feeling alot better today. *hugz* I hope your having a good restful weekend!