Monday, April 28, 2014

"Don't think about making art, just get it done............" Andy Warhol



I've been inspired by Andy Warhol's quote above. Isn't it great? I want to make more art but time is an ongoing issue for me, so I've decided to start art journalling in the hope that I can be creative nearly everyday- even if it's just for 10 minutes. When I was studying art we had to keep sketch books as part of the curriculum & I had no idea until now how much I've missed it. I've noticed that a journal or sketch book is much less intimidating than a canvas & I've been able to just let go, explore & experiment. This is Salten the bear & he is my first entry. I've put paint down on other pages too & hope to add layers on different days. Just being creative for 10 mins a day really brings me joy & makes me feel like I've achieved something. Watch this space for more entries!

1 comment:

linda said...

Good for you! I think it's difficult for many to get creative when there's all the other stuff of life swirling around! Somehow, it has to be become a habit in your lifestyle. Journaling and sketchbooks definitely help me squeeze a bit of creativity into busy days... it's easy, accessible and there's no pressure!